So, i want to do bonaza.. 🙂
yeah, you probably wondering why should I download & use this free WordPress theme I am sharing.
This theme is well optimized and I have done some basic edits to it to make it awesome.
Well, I have been receiving different emails from users talking about they like the theme and now I have decided to give it out freely without asking you for a dime.
First, i was on using a blogger blog to run my personal blog and later i had to switch to WordPress because am not a blogger blog fan.
I have been using this blog since the last year 2018 but I had to redirect the domain to my other blog but now am back on it.
Now, i am using this blog to share valuable tips and ways to help improve your blog and improve yourself as a person.
If you ask me what is special about this theme well I would say everything about it.
Some will say why did I stop using it, the truth is I don’t say one place for too long, lol 🙂 just like the rich trying to become richer they don’t want to remain in the same position.
Let’s keep the story for another day…
This theme is was not created by me, its a theme on ThemeForest as we all know ThemeForest is the largest theme provider or I can say a property of Envato.
How to Design Deegeek Old WordPress theme
Steps to follow:
- Download Reco WordPress theme, it’s a WordPress minimalist theme.
After downloading the theme, install and also activate the required plugins.
If you take a look at my own screenshot of how the theme looks like you will be surprised that why is yours different, well I did a little tweak to it.
- Applying specific changes like custom CSS.
- Applying specific theme changes.
- Optimizing for speed too.
I might not remember all the changes but its pretty easy.
You don’t have to import any demo, the theme is straight forward and easy to configure and play around it.
- Go to appearance -> menus
- You will see a full menu displayed, just go to the bottom and check display location “header”
- Click Save menu
After that, if you wish to use a custom home page you can create one, I have made the documentation attached to the theme file too.
How to Tweak the Theme Settings to Mine
We are doing the theme settings together after that we move to custom CSS:
- Go to the Theme options panel, navigate to the header section, for the header select “minimalist“.
- Off sticky header and add your logo.
- On the footer section enter your copyright text and also off footer-logo.
- Leave the advertising section, that’s where you play your part you know 🙂 adding ads and co.
- A blog to the Blog section on the theme options panel on the blog section you will see a dropdown.
- On the global option, scroll and turn off the global counter, turn off display Category Select Box on Filters, turn off display Category Select Box on Mobile.
- Lastly, turn off display Search Box on Filters and turn off display Author Select Box on Filters.
- Click Grid post and disable the author resource counter.
- That’s all for the tweaks, don’t forget to also add your social profiles.
How to Style The Reco Theme like Deegeek
Now its time to design the geeks way…
Navigate to the theme options panel, then go to the styling section this is where all the magic happens.
Under styling navigate to body background now set your background color to white using: #ffffff
Don’t be surprised by the magic the header on your site is not showing the menu 🙂
Now do the basic styling by changing the default reco pink and yellow color to the color of your choice.
Now navigate to the header and set the header background color to black or the color you wish the header. Also, check other subsections on styling if the pink and yellow is not set.
Now that’s all.
So after designing the theme again to share this tutorial I had to design something like that again as you can see above.
How to Optimize for Speed on the Reco Theme
- Go to theme option, click optimization
- Enable speed optimization
- Turn on move jquery to footer
- Turn on all lazy load option
I could remember the first time i used it, I had to use custom CSS that is adding my own CSS to the theme then the author was having issues with the styling so I had to do it manually the same with the footer I had to remove some codes from the theme.
But the new update has it all fixed.
Now, you have downloaded and customized my theme the way I used it.
Comment below if you love the theme and also share this post with others who might love this theme also.
DeegeekNG and its contents are protected by COPYRIGHT LAW (DMCA) with high-priority response rate. Reproduction without permission or due credit link back will cause your article(s) to be removed from search engines and disappearance of Ads on that page if monetized with Adsense.